I can hardly believe it is Friday, the end of the week and the start of a new part of my life - moving house. We are finally on the move over the next few days. Boxes will be moving backwards and forwards transporting our lives. I am almost packed, just that special little box that has to have everything in it for the move: tea, mugs, milk, towels, light bulbs, pen, paper, corkscrew, champagne and glasses and of course car keys and pet food.
However before the move can start I have to work at school on Saturday morning for two hours at our Open Morning. We have three Open Mornings each year where prospective parents can come and meet us, bring their children and have an experience of some of the classes. Of course being the Home Economics teacher I put on a show and this year I have a small group of children making Cherry Iced Cakes.
Cherry Iced Cakes
150g caster sugar
150g SR flour
100g icing sugar
2 teaspoons water
12 glace cherries
Pre-heat the oven to Gas 5/190C
Line a tray with 12 paper cases - muffin size
1. Place the margarine, sugar, eggs and flour into a mixing bowl.
2. Use an electric mixer to whisk up the mixture until it is light and creamy.
3. Place a heaped teaspoon of mixture into each paper case.
4. Bake for 20-25 mins until golden and well risen.
5. Cool on a wire rack
6. Make up the glace icing by mixing the icing sugar and water together until thick
7. Cover the top of each cake and pop on a glace cherry
Photograph will be added over the weekend when I see how the cakes turn out and I have unpacked a few boxes and of course got the computer to work.
Have a nice weekend.