Thursday 28 August 2008

Chatsworth House Sculptures




Chatsworth House nestles into the Derbyshire countryside and visitors can share in its grand nature and enjoy spectacular views from this vast estate.
As a child I visited the estate during the summmer months to enjoy picnics and walks in the grounds and beyond. I visited the house once, but was not impressed, as a child perhaps I did not appreciate its vast wealth of furnishings.
Two years ago I visited the house again to witness the Christmas display. The Duchess had decided to decorate the house with a theme of The Twelve Days of Christmas. Every room was adorned with baubles and tinsel. A sight to behold. It was the talk of Derbyshire. Some people loved it, other people hated it, but it gave everyone something to talk about for awhile.
Last year I visited the grounds which are truely stunning and the gardners should be proud of their work. The grounds were host to a selection of sculptures which were later to be auctioned at Sotherby's in London.
My photographs show but a few.
Chatsworth House is once again the backdrop for new sculptures which open on September 9th and I shall be there with my camera.
For further information go to: www.chatsworth.org

No comments: