Friday, 1 January 2010
My sister came for a visit to-day bringing her two grandchildren Archie and Poppy. They are just little treaures. We had a walk and then home for lunch. I made Sweet Potato and Lentil Soup, Cheese Pasties, Home-made Bread, Carrot Cake and Chocolate Chip Cookies. After a long walk everyone must have been very hungry as there was little food left.
300g plain flour
cold water to mix
1 carrot - grated
1 potato - grated
1 small onion - finely choped
75g cheese - grated
pinch mixed herbs
1. Pre-heat oven to Gas 6/200C
2. Make Shortcrust Pastry by sieving flour into a large mixing bowl, rubbing the
margarine into the flour until like fine breadcrumbs
3. Add enough water to mix to a stiff dough
4. Cut out rounds with a large cutter - approx 24
5. In a large bowl add all the filling ingredients and mix well.
6. Place a spoonful of mixture into each round.
7. Fold in half and seal well with a fork
8. Cut out shapes - I used holly leaf cutter
9. Brush with milk and bake for 15 - 20 mins.
I served these warm after the soup with my Boxing Day Chutney and Spiced Plum Chutney
The children loved these little pasties.