Sunday, 7 February 2010
I found this recipe whilst searching for something else and just had to make them.
200g butter - softened
200g soft brown sugar
1 tsp vanilla essence
200g SR flour
YOUR CHOICE of flavourings
1 tabsp mixed spice
1. When the butter is soft add the sugar and mix well using an electric mixer
2. Add the eggs one at a time and beat well
3. Add the vanilla ess, SR flour and oats
4. Mix well and then add yhour choice of flavourings
5. Tear off an A4 size of greaseproof paper.
6. Pile half the mixture in the middle of the sheet and spread along the centre of
7. Pull ove one edge of the paper and roll up until you have a tight cylinder.
It needs to be aboaut the width of a teacup. Twist the ends and place in the
freezer. Repeat with the other half of the mixture.
This can be frozen for up to 3 months.
8. Preheat the oven to Gas4/180C
9. Unwrap the biscuit mix and cut into disks about 1/2 cm wide. If
you have difficulty slicing through dip the knife into a cup of hot water
10 Cut off as many biscuits as you need and replace in the freezer.
11. Bake 15 mins until golden brown.
12. Leave to cool before eating
These are really tasty. I used mixed spice for this batch. I may try choc chips next time