2 tabsp. cocoa
100g caster sugar
100g SR flour
1/2tsp. baking powder
1 tin black cherries – drained and de-seeded
142ml double cream
75g dark chocolate
Splash of brandy/rum/baileys
1. Pre-heat oven to Gas 4/180C and grease small ovenproof dish
2. Mix the cocoa with a couple tabsp boiling water and mix until smooth
3. Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy
4. Add the cocoa mixture, egg, flour and baking powder.
5. Mix really well and pour into ovenproof dish
6. Pour drained cherries on top
7. Bake for 20-25 mins.
8. Make chocolate sauce by putting butter and cream into a small pan, bring to
the boil and turn off the heat.
9. Add the chocolate pieces and give it a good stir – leave for 5 mins so that
the hot cream melts the chocolate
10. Add a splash of alcohol
11. Once cake is ready pour the chocolate sauce all over.
Can be served with extra cream or a dollop of ice cream
We are off to the cinema this evening to see 'It's Complicated'. Will give a review over the weekend.
The above cake/pudding was a real treat.