Saturday, 19 June 2010
This is a twist on an old favourite recipe.
3 tablespoons golden syrup
100g rice crispies
50g rolled oats
1. Place butter, golden syrup and chocolate into a saucepan and melt over a low
heat until chocolate is fully melted.
2. Place rice crispies and oats into a large mixing bowl.
3. Pour over the melted mixture and stir until well coated - you may need extra
crispies, just to bulk it up.
4. Leave to cool for 10 mins.
5. Either make scoops of mixture into small paper cases or put on some rubber
gloves and make small balls of mixture.
6. Leave to set for an hour - if you can wait that long.
7. These would be good treats for little ones in their lunch box - personally I
like these with a cup of coffee