Monday 14 March 2011

The Wedding


I was asked to make a wedding cake for my neice last week. She wanted a 3 tier sponge cake with white icing and red dots. What could be easier when you have all the time in the world? However I am still working - not on holiday for another three weeks yet. So I was working in the day and coming home every night to make one tier of the cake. Then I developed raging toothache and had to go to the dentist on Friday evening. He decided to freeze both sides of my mouth to work on fillings and I came home with a numb face for three hours. I deliverd the cake to the hotel ready for the reception, went to bed and woke up with a headache of all headaches and could not get out of bed for two days. So I misssed the wedding celebrations.
So I post a photograph of the cake before I delivered it and await the professional photographs to see the bride in her dress.

2 comments:

Pondside said...

Oh that's too bad! All that work, and you missed the oohs and aahs. Not fair at all! I'll be that the bride was thrilled with this - you're a wonderful aunt.;

Paula said...

What a beautiful cake! I love your blog - come by and visit me at Home in Douglas!