Sunday 3 April 2011

Malteser Cheesecake



I haven't been around for awhile due to the pressure of work, but here's a welcome back recipe to cheer up any table.

Malteser Cheesecake
Ingredients

100g digestive bisuits
50g butter
small pkt Maltesers
Filling
400g cream cheese
small tub sour cream
150ml double cream
small pkt maltesers
drop vanilla essence
Decoration
small pkt Maltesers

Method
1. Whizz biscuits and maltesers in food processor for a couple of seconds to crush.
2. Add melted butter and whizz again
3. Press biscuit mixture into base of a sandwich/cake tin
4. Place cream cheese, sour cream, double cream and vanilla essence into a large
mixing bowl and cream together unil wel mixed.
5. Stir in crushed maltesers
6. Pour mixture over biscuit base and spread out evenly
7. Leave to set in fridge for a couple of hours
8. Decorate with Maltesers.


I am going to have a slice later this afternoon when my sister comes to celebrate her birthday.
Enjoy a slice whatever the occasion.

1 comment:

http://jackieinsurrey.blogspot.co.uk/ said...

Hi sorry to hear you have had a lot of work pressure. Glad you came back to share a lovely recipe. Not much cooking involved I think I might manage to make one, I will give it a try and let you know how I get on.I don't have a food processor so I shan't be whizzing!!
Thank you for sharing your recipe.

Happy birthday to your sister.

Jackie in Surrey.