So much rich food over the past week that I thought I would share this recipe with you. Make it from those store cupboard items and eat cold as a snack, or serve with a green salad. Whatever you choose enjoy!
Cheese, Leek and Onion Pasties (makes 8)
400g potatoes - peeled and roughly chopped into small chunks
300ml cold water
2 me3dium leeks - trimmed and cut into 5mm slices
1 onion - peeled and finely chopped
500g white bread mix
100g mature Cheddar cheese - grated
1. Put the potatoes into a large pan with the cold water, crumble over the stock cube and bring to the
boil and cook for 5 minutes.
2. Add the leeks and onion and continue to cook for a further 5 - 10 mins until the vegetables are
3. Leave to cool
4. Make the pastry by following the instructions on the packet of bread mix - until you reach the
stage of shaping the dough.
5. Divide the dough into 8 pieces, flatten out and into rounds.
6. Stir the grated cheese into the vegetables, add some seasoning to taste.
7. Pre-heat the oven to Gas 6/220C
8. Divide the vegetable mixture onto the shaped dough.
9. Brush with milk and seal the edges.
10 Bake for 10-15 minutes until golden brown and hot inside.
Serve warm or cold
I sometimes use packet pizza mix, which works just as well