Sunday 14 March 2010

Cake in a Mug

Wow what a busy week - reports, cooking, meetings and unravelling.
As I sat with my morning coffee and reading the newspaper I came across an article about making a cake in a mug. Well I was so excited and every class that came that day had to watch me make a cake in a mug. So easy and we really enjoyed eating the result. It needs to be eaten immediately as it tends to go hard after awhile - by hey a cake in 3 minutes - you can't get better than that for a quick pick me up in the afternoon.

Cake in a Mug
4 tabsp. SR flour
4 tabsp. caster sugar
3 tabsp sunflower oil
3 tabsp milk
1 tabsp cocoa
handful choc chips
1 egg

Mix all ingredients together in a mixing bowl.
Pour into a mug
Microwave for 3 minutes
turn out onto a plate or just eat straight from the mug

It will rise above the rim of the mug but just leave it and ENJOY

1 comment:

Francesca Marano said...

My sister in law always makes chocolate cake in a mug and it's delicious, we will try it for sure!!!