Sunday 21 March 2010

Tornado - Steam Train









I am just back after spending the day seeing and actually having a ride on the best steam train ever. The Tornado was completed last year by enthusiasts at a cost of £18 million pounds. The train will be in service soon travelling from York to St. Pancras - London. Today the train was visiting the little station of Rothley in Leicestershire and my sister just happens to live in the village - so of course we were there on the station ready and waiting for the ride of a life time. I have travelled on steam trains before - the best one is from Fort William to Mallaig on the west coast of Scotland - and of course as a young girl I went on steam trains - but this train is just awesome. The sound of the steam, hissing and puffing along and the whistle - what a sound. As you can gather I really had a great day. I am just off the phone to my son in Savannah telling him about my day and making sure that he checks his messages to look at the photographs.
Have attached a few for you to see for yourself.

No comments: