Where has the last week gone? Gone on school work, reports and administration up to my ears. I have really missed everyone and have quite a bit of catching up to do.
One piece of good news is that I have been accepted on the 'unravelling' course and can't wait to get started.
This week at school we are making this recipe for Sticky Ginger Top Cake. We are only making a small one so you could double the recipe if you fancy it.
Sticky Ginger Top Cake
1 tabsp. golden syrup
1 tabsp. soft brown sugar
4 glace cherries - chopped
1 ball stem ginger - chopped
50g caster sugar
50g SR flour
1 tsp ground ginger
1. Pre-heat oven to Gas 5/190C
2. Place butter, golden syrup and brown sugar into small bowl
3. Microwave for 1 min
4. Add chopped glace cherries and ginger
5. Place this mixture into base of small foil tray
6. Place all cake ingredients into a mixing bowl and cream together
with a wooden spoon until light and fluffy
7. Cover syrup mixture with cake topping and spread out alittle -
don't worry if you find there is too much syrupy mixture
8. Bake for 15 - 20 mins until cake is well risen and springs back
9. Remove from the oven and cool for 2 mins
10 Turn cake upside down on a plate
You now have a sticky ginger top cake
The smell when cooking is amazing and it looks rather like jewels.
I will post photographs once the class have made a few of the cakes.
You could use other fruits like pineapples or apricots or even a mixture of apples and pears. Your choice. Enjoy!!!!