Saturday 16 July 2011

I'm Back

Well at long last I am back to the blog. School holidays started yesterday at 12.00 noon. As I drove home I thought of all the things I want to do, but most of all be in my garden - just pottering. The end of term was just full of events and ensuring the students went home with everything they neeeded. I baked 120 scones for the cream teas at our Summer Fete, then it was onto Awards Evening where I made a huge batch of sundried tomato and cheese scones and an even bigger batch of pesto scones topped with cream cheese, slice of tomato and basil leaf. Along with the savoury dishes I made Rocky Road (a school favourite), caramel shortbread, lemon drizzle squares and carrot cake. It was all washed down with jug after jug of Pimms made with strawbrries, cucumber,lemon, oranges and fresh mint. What a way to spend a summer's evening celebrating the achievements of the students.
And so into holiday mode and to catch up on my new recipe books and of course cooking and gardening.
I will also need to spend some time catching up on all your news.
Hear from you all very soon.
PS I will get around to posting the scone recipes over the next few days.

4 comments:

Pondside said...

Welcome back! I've been wondering about you. Scone recipe - yes!...although I have trouble sometimes transferring the measurements to cups and spoons.
Your end of the year school celebration sounds like it was wonderful!

annie hoff said...

Wow...what a spread, it sounds yummy. The pesto scones topped with cream cheese must taste delicious - I shall look out for the recipe on your blog soon!

Nicola said...

I read "120 scones" and started drooling. Then I read that you might post some? Yes, please!

Savannah Granny said...

The pesto scones sound wonderful. I may try these as I love scones.
So glad you are on holiday, glad you are back. Enjoy your summer.
Ginger :)