Last week at school it was bake, bake and bake. We love baking and to celebrate National Baking Week we made cakes and cookies to sell to the students for 50p each item. We made £120.00 to donate to children who suffer from malnutrition across the world. We certainly Baked a Difference.
The favourite recipe was for Chocolate Drop Biscuits - well who could resist chocolate.
Chocolate Drop Biscuits (16)
140g caster sugar
1 egg yolk
2tsp vanilla essence
225g plain flour
55g cocoa powder
55g choc. chops
4 tabsp. chocolate spread
1. Pre-heat the oven to Gas 5/190C
2. Flour a tray
3. Put the butter and sugar in a bowl and mix together with a wooden spoon,
then beat in the egg yolk and vanilla essence
4. Sift together the flour and cocoa
5. Mix well together and add the choc chips
6. Divide the mixture into 16 balls and place on the baking tray – you may need
7. Flatten the biscuits and put a thumb mark on each to make a small dip in the
8. Bake for 12-15 mins.
9. Cool on a wire rack
10. When they are cold put a tsp. chocolate spread into each dip and top with a