To-morrow at school we are holding our annual McMillan Afternoon Tea, raising money for cancer.A chance to bake, share recipes, eat cake and donate money to a good cause.
Baking is the theme for next week as well as it is National Baking Week. To help that cause along my Home Economics Department is baking cakes every day. We will be selling Breakfast Bars/Muffins between 8.00am - 8.30 am, then cakes at break-time and after school until 4.00pm. The money we raise will help children who suffer from malnutrition across the world. Bake a Difference and join our good cause.
Post your recipe so I can share it with my students.
One of my cake recipes is
White Chocolate Cake
250g golden caster sugar
300g SR flour
½ tsp baking powder
150ml pot natural yoghurt
4 tabsp. milk
Few drops vanilla essence
100g white chocolate roughly chopped
250g soft cream cheese
100g icing sugar
100g white chocolate melted
1. Pre-heat the oven to Gas 4/180C
2. Grease and line baking tin 20cm X 30cm
3. Place butter sugar, flour, baking powder, yoghurt, eggs, milk and v. ess. in
a large bowl and beat until lump-free.
4. Stir in the chopped chocolate.
5. Pour into the prepared tin and bake for 25-30 mins until golden, risen and
skewer comes out clean.
6. Cool in the tin.
7. Melt the rest of the chocolate. Stir icing sugar into the soft cheese,
then the melted chocolate. Chill.
8. Spread over the cake, then cut into squares and decorate.