This cake is so easy to make and children will love to help in the kitchen. It is called yoghurt cake as it uses a 125ml yoghurt pot to measure out all the ingredients.
1 x carton natural yoghurt (also works well with flavoured yoghurt - just choose your favourite)
1 x carton sunflower oil
2 x cartons sugar
3 x cartons SR flour
3 cartons mixed ried fruit
1. Grease and line a 2lb loaf tin with parchment paper
2. Pre-heat the oven to 160C/Gas 3
3. Combine all the ingredients in a large mixing bowl until well creamed together - use either a wooden
spoon or electric mixer
4. Spoon the mixture into the prepared tin and bake for one and a half hours until the cake is risen, golden and springs back when touched. a skewer inserted should come out clean.
5. Leave in the tin to cool
6. Store in an airtight tin - will keep for a few days
You could vary the ingredients and add cocoa to make it chocolate, or add different mixed fruits with some nuts.
Whatever you choose enjoy this quick and easy cake to make.