There is never enough hours in the day. I wanted to catch up on my preserves, but I was also desperate to make another couple of 'Sock Monkey's'. So busy, busy and I managed both plus a walk.
Microwave Blackcurrant Jam
600g preserving sugar with added pectin
1. Wash and sterilise 3 jars in the oven
2. Place the blackcurrants into a large bowl that will fit into the microwave and
be able to turn easily
3. Add the squeezed lemon juice and microwave on HIGH for 4 minutes until the
juice runs out.
4. Add the sugar - mix well
5. Return to the microwave for approx 12 minutes - stirring every 3 minutes.
6. Remove from the microwave stir, test for setting point
7. Pour the jam into the clean, warm jars
8. Seal and label.
The jam is such a lovely dark colour and I could not resist spreding some on a slice of a bread to have with a cup of tea.
The 'Sock Monkey's worked out well and I took a photograph of one of them, as the other fell on the floor during the photo shoot - perhaps he was nervous.
Every time I go out now I am looking for socks.