What a cold day. Hard frost on the ground with a sprinkle of snow calls for a warming soup.
Sweet Potato and Red Lentil Soup
2tsp curry powder
3 tabsp olive oil
1 onion - finely chopoped
1 eating apple - cored and chopped
thumb size piece of fresh ginger - finely chopped
2 large sweet potatoes - peeled and cubed
1 litre vegetable stock
50g red lentils
1. Fry the onions lightly in the oil until soft.
2. Add the curry powder and stir for 1m minute
3. Add the apple and ginger and stir for another minute
4. Add the sweet potatoes, lentils and stock
5. Simmer for 15 - 20 mins until the potato is soft.
6. Blend and add the milk
7. Continue to simmer for a couple of minutes
8. Serve with Naan Breads
This is a real warming soup. Enjoy!