Tuesday, 22 December 2009
Who could resist these reindeer cakes?
Came across a recipe the other day and have adapted it to make these little reindeer cakes to take to my great nephew and neice. Who could resist eating these?
150g caster sugar
150g SR flouor
1 tabsp. cocoa powder
200g icing sugar
marzipan - for eyes
pretzels - for antlers
1. Pre-heat oven to Gas 5/190C
2. Place 12 large cupcake cases into tray
3. Place all cake ingredients into a large mixing bowl and use an
electric mixer to cream all ingredients together until soft
4. Divide the mixture between the paper cases
5. Bake for 15 - 20 mins until soft and springy to touch
6. Cool on a wire rack whilst you make the butter-cream
7. Place margarine, icing sugar and cocoa into a bowl and use electric mixer to
cream together until well mixed
8. Place a heaped teaspoon of mixture onto the top of each cup-cake, spread around
and shape a face.
9. Add a glace cherry for the nose, 2 marzipan balls for the eyes and cut a pretzel
in half for the antlers.
So cute, can you possibly eat them.