Sunday 8 August 2010

Little Cakes and Sunflowers






My sunflowers are just about all out. They are still growing and I love watching them from the kitchen window as they bob around catching the sun all day long. I will look forward to the Autumn when the birds come to feed. They really bring a smile to my face.

Another thing that brought a smile to my face to-day was these little cakes. I found the recipe in a magazine and just had to try them out. I think they would be better decorated with icing, but I just wanted to eat one so ended up sprinkle some icing sugar on the top.


Litte Cakes
Ingredients
100g custard powder
200g softened butter
2 eggs
4 tabsp. milk
140g caster sugar
100g SR flour

Method
1. Heat the oven to Gas 4/180C
2. Place 12 muffin cases into a muffin tray
3. Beat the custard powder, butter, eggs and milk together in a mixing bowl
4. Add the sugar - mix
5. Add the flour - mix
6. Place spoonfuls of mixture into the paper cases.
7. Bake for 20-25 mins until a skewer inserted into centre comes out clean.
8. Cool on a wire rack
9. Decorate with glace icing and hundreds and thousands.

They really are yummy

No comments: