Friday, 12 August 2011
What to make with Courgettes?
My courgettes seem to be coming thick and fast, so I decided to make a Courgette Pasta and had enough sauce to use for a Pizza Topping.
I large courgette - washed and diced (no need for peeeling)
150g pasta twists ( or pasta you like)
1 small onion - peeled, diced
3 cloves garlic
1 tin chopped tomatoes
1 tablespoon tomato puree
large pinch mixed herbs ( or fresh basil)
handful of cherry tomatoes
glug of olive oil
1. Fill a large pan with water, add a glug of oilve oil and pinch of salt and
bring to the boil
2. Heat a glug of oil in a pan and add onion,garlic, mushrooms and courgette
3. Fry for a few mins until start to go soft.
4. Add the tin of tomatoes, chopped cherry toms and tomato puree
5. Add herbs and leave to simmer for 10 -15 mins until sauce has thickened.
6. Meanwhile add the pasta to the boiling water and cook until tender.
7. Drain the pasta, spoon into a large bowl and top with the tomato sauce
8. Serve with crusty bread or garlic bread.
Great for supper with a glass of red wine.