Thursday, 20 August 2009
To-day has been another one of those days when I am 'getting ready' to do something.
I finished packing a wicker basket to take to visit my great neice. Faryl Evie was born on Monday and I am so excitied at seeing her for the first time.
I baked a selection of goodies this afternoon to take to an Art Exhibition that a friend is having at her house. She is the most amazing artist and I am looking forward to seeing her new work. She asked me to bake a selection of goodies so that people can eat, drink and look at her work. So I made some of my Chocolate and Courgette Mu-Cakes, Blueberry Mu-Cakes and a Citrus Slice. I call them Mu-Cakes as they are a cross between a Muffin and a Large Cupcake with an added ingredient.
I did sit down for a few minutes this afternoon to make some knitted flowers to take to a garden party on Saturday. I think I will 'be ready' very soon.
200g SR flour
2 lemons - zest and juice
2 limes - zest and juice
2 oranges - zest and juice
Pre-heat oven to Gas 5/190C
Grease and line a swiss roll tin
1. Place margarine, sugar, flour and eggs into a mixing bowl
2. Use an electric whisk to cream all the ingredients together until light and
3. Add the zest of 1 lemon,lime and orange - mix well
4. Spoon the mixture into the tray and level out.
5. Bake for 20 -25 minutes until risen and sponge springs back when touched.
6. Whilst the cake is cooking put the juice of the fruits into a saucepan with 4
7. Bring to the boil and stir until sugar is dissolved
8. Peel the zest from the remaining fruit and cut into small pieces
9. When the cake comes out of the oven pour over the citrus juice and allow to soak
into the cake.
10 Sprinkle on the sliced zest and leave to cool - the cut into slices.
This is a lovely moist cake with a citrus smell reminding you of the summer days.