Saturday 8 August 2009

Orange and Ginger Marmalade

A friend of mine makes the most wonderful Orange and Ginger marmalade. It comes in a pretty little jar with fancy lid and home-made label. As a teacher of cookery I am always interested in recipes and eventually asked her if I could have a copy. You take 1 tin of marmade (bought from any supermarket) add 425ml water and 2Kg of sugar. Bring to the boil for 15 minutes and then test for setting, if not quite ready boil again for a few minutes. Turn the heat off and allow to cool. Stir in approx 8 balls of stem ginger (cut into small pieces to your liking). Pour into clean, warm jars, seal and label. A special recipe indeed!
I now make my own Orange and Ginger marmalade and yes I put it ino pretty jars with a fancy lid and home-made label. So easy to make and great to take as a gift.

No comments: