Monday, 17 August 2009
Jam Jars At The Ready
It all started yesterday when I was given a huge bunch of beetroot. I just had to set to to-day and make some Beetroot Chutney. The first thing to do was to sort out all those jam jars and get them ready for Chutney Making. I have been given alot of jars over the year so I am prepared for anything. I made the Chutney as before - see my recipe from 8th August. The little metal contraption is my jam jar filler - just pop it over the jar and it fills is easily with no mess around the top - works every time.
I used 2 cooking apples in my Chutney recipe recipe and remembered that I had read somewhere about a really easy apple lemonade, using the skins from the cooking apples, so just had to share it with you.
peel from 2 large cooking apples
1 lemon - sliced
sugar to taste
1. Place the apple peel and lemon slices into a saucepan.
2. Cover with cold water and bring to the boil.
3. Cover with a lid and boil for 10 minutes.
4. Add 1 tablespoon - or sugar to taste.
5. Leave with the lid on to go cold
6. Strain the liquid through a sieve into a jug.
7. Add more lemon slices and leave in the fridge until required.
Tastes absolutely wonderful, especially after making Beetroot Chutney.