Thursday, 13 August 2009
Matlock Garden Centre - Tansley
Situated in the central part of Derbyshire in the centre of England,
in the Derbyshire Dales just south of the Peak District, 2 miles from Matlock.
The village has one shop one Primary School, one Anglican Church,
one Methodist Church, three Pubs, four Garden Centres, two Horticultural Nurseries
and an Industrial Estate. The population of the village is slightly under 1200.
Matlock Garden Centre is an excellent place to visit with a treasure of plants and ideas for the garden along with a huge selection of home living. We ate in the 'Garden Resturant' which offered a wide selection of food, freshly prepared. The cakes looked amazing but I refrained from trying one today. The drive through Derbyshire was perfect with the type of scenery you can see see for miles and miles.
Salmon Tikka on Naan Bread
2 salmon fillets cut into slices
1 tabsp. Tikka paste
1 red chilli - finely chopped
1/2 cucumber - diced
4 tabsp. natural yoghurt
1 lemon - squeezed
2 Naan Bread
Pre-heat the oven to Gas 6/200C
1. Cover the salmon fillets in the Tikka paste and leave covered for approx 30 mins.
2. Add the chopped chilli, diced cucumber and lemon juice to the natural yoghurt
3. Heat the Naan Bread in the oven for 6 mins
4. Heat 2 tabsp. olive oil in a fry pan and add the salmon tikka pieces
5. Stir-fry for a few mins until salmon cooked
6. Pile the salmon onto the heated Naan Bread. Add a dollop of yoghurt and
sprinkle with corriander leaves if you wish.
This is such a quick meal to make after a busy day.
Eat fresh fruit for afters - what could be easier.