Saturday, 8 August 2009
This is the time of year when tomatoes ripen quicker than you can eat them. This year I am making fresh tomato sauce for the freezer to use with pasta and pizza's.
Home-made Tomato Sauce (the easy way)
2 tablespoons olive oil
handful basil leaves
2 cloves garlic
Preheat the oven to Gas6/200C
1. Roughly chop the tomatoes and tear up the basil leaves.
2. Slice and dice the cloves of garlic.
3. Put the tomatoes, oil, basil and garlic onto a baking tray and mix well. Add a
few twists of black pepper.
4. Bake the tomatoes until soft and squishy.
5. Blend together until smooth.
I divide the mixture into small pots cover and label for the freezer.
You can store in the fridge for a few days.
Add 1 tablespoon tomato puree for a thicker sauce.