Saturday, 8 August 2009
You can make this dish as spicy as you like. I serve it with a dish of natural yoghurt mixed with a couple of teaspoons of curry paste.
Morrocan Chicken with Rice
250g chicken fillets cut into strips
1 red onion- diced
1 yellow pepper - sliced
1 tabsp. olive oil
2 tsp. cumin
2 tsp. cinnamon
small tim chickpeas
8 dried apricots - diced
2 tomatoes - sliced, diced
200g basmati rice
2 spring onions
1. Heat the oil in the fry pan and cook the chicken until brown.
2. Add the onions and peppers and cook for a further 2 mins until onions start to go
3. Add the spices,chickpeas and tomatoes - mix well and leave to cook for a futher
few minutes. Add a drop of water if mixture is becoming too sticky.
4. Fill a saucepan 3/4 full of water, add a pinch of salt and bring to the boil.
5. Add the rice and cook for 10 minutes. Drain and then steam for a further 10 mins
until the rice is tender.
6. Put the rice in to the serving dish and top with the chicken mixture.
7. Garnish with chopped spring onions.