Tuesday, 18 August 2009
These cakes are made in a Muffin Case with extra Cupcake ingredients, so I call them Mu-Cakes. I vary the added ingredient, but today I made Courgette and Chocolate ones - yummy.
Courgette and Chocolate Mu-Cakes
150g SR flour
1 tablespoon cocoa powder
1 tablespoon chocolate spread
1 large courgetter - grated
Pre-heat oven to Gas 5/190C/375F
1. Place margarine, sugar, flour, cocoa powder, chcolate spread and eggs into a
2. Use an electric mixer to combine all the ingredients together until light and
3. Add the grated courgetters and mix in.
4. Divide the mixture between 12 muffin cases
5. Bake for 20 - 25 mins until well risen and springy to touch.
6. Cool on a wire rack.
The cakes keep well as the courgettes make them moist, however they don't last long and taste great warm with a scoop of vanilla ice-cream or whipped cream.