Leek and Macaronin Cheese
1 leek - sliced
25g plain flour
100g Cheddar Cheese (Red Leicester gives a good flavour) - grated
1. Saute the leeks in the margarine until soft.
2. Place the macaroni into boiling water for 10 -15 mins until soft.
3. Add the flour and stir for a minute.
4. Remove from the heat and add the milk gradually, stirring all the time.
5. Put back on the heat and stir all the time until the sauce starts to thicken.
6. Add the grated cheese, black pepper.
7. Drain the macaroni and add to the cheese sauce - mix well.
8. Extra cheese can be grated on the top fro serving.
9. I like this served with buttered toast or crusty bread.